experimental • interactive • digital • traditional|design and illustration
Areas of Expertise
Interactive and User Experience Design
- Experienced with both large and small web projects, and can adapt to the needs and the allowances of different budgets.
- Highly skilled in front-end web development.
- Enjoys usability testing and planning.
- Adaptable to various interactive design processes (i.e. mockups, wireframes, interactive prototypes, etc.).
- Often develops themes for content management systems like Drupal and WordPress.
- Skilled in mobile-friendly responsive and adaptive layouts.
- Proficient with jQuery for common tasks (could quickly learn other libraries if needed).
- Experienced with all phases of design and development; has also worked on teams and independently.
- Currently learning more CSS animation, just for fun.
- Interested in video production. Can produce simple videos with Adobe After Effects.
Flat Design and Illustration
- Well-rounded knowledge of digital and print.
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite
- Highly detailed digital illustrator.
- Enjoys incorporating traditional media.
- Enjoys hand-lettering.
- Particularly enjoys identity design.
- Can efficiently manage large design documents (such as periodicals).
- Familiar with traditional printing methods (screenprinting, relief printing, etc).
- Can create custom dies.
- Extremely detail-oriented with pre-press.
Writing and Presentations
- Skilled and versatile writer and editor.
- Can write and edit for style and tone.
- Familiar with adhering to style guides
- Can tailor web-content for both user experience and search engine optimization.
- Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences.
- Natural teaching and group faciltation abilities.
- Audience-oriented communicator.
- Confident and pursusive presenter.
- Forward-thinking designer.
- Able to maintain a big picture focus.
- Good sense of humor.